Monday, December 16 2013, 05:50 PM MST
As Aired on December 16, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
2 quarts beef stock (approximate)
2 pounds stewing meat, in pieces
1 large onion, sliced
6 garlic cloves
¼ cup tomato paste
3 large potatoes, peeled, and diced
4 small zucchini, chopped
4 small yellow squash, chopped
8 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
6 celery stocks, sliced
4 large carrots, peeled and diced
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. In a large oven safe heavy bottomed pan add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Allow pan to heat up than add your onions and garlic. Sauté until caramelized.
3. Add meat and sear.
4. Add remaining ingredients except beef broth and sauté for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour in beef broth and cover pot.
6. Place pot into a 325 degree oven for approximately 2 hours.
7. Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy!