Tuesday, March 25 2014, 10:37 AM MDT
Marinated Feta Cheese Salad
As Aired on December 30, 2013
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded
4 tomatoes, deseeded
1 red onion, thinly sliced
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
kalamata olives for garnish
For the Dressing:
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Seed the peppers, remove the cores and cut the remaining pepper into thin strips.
2. Chop the cucumber and slice the tomatoes into bite size pieces. (I like to de-seed the tomatoes first)
3. Place the chopped peppers, cucumber, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl.
4. Sprinkle with feta cheese and lightly toss.
5. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, and garlic.
6. Stir in the parsley and mint.
7. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
8. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly garnished with a handful of kalamata olives. Refrigerate salad for about 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!