Wednesday, January 8 2014, 06:06 PM MST
Chef Bryan's Pressure Cooker Chicken Soup
As Aired on January 8, 2014
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 large roaster chicken
6-8 cups water
4 cups sliced celery stalks
4 cups sliced carrots
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced
6 bay leaves
1 tbsp thyme
1 bunch chopped parsley
2 tbsp Herbs de Provence
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the roaster chicken in the pressure cooker and cover completely with the water. Adjust liquid amounts if needed based on the size of your pressure cooker.
2. Pressure cook the whole chicken for about 45 minutes or until it is tender. Check with your manufacturers directions for specific times for your pressure cooker.
3. Remove just the chicken from the pressure cooker. Be careful not to burn yourself and remove the meat from the bones and place it back in the pressure cooker.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the pressure cooker. Cover and bring back to pressure for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and depressurize the cooker according to the manufacturers directions.
5. Serve with rustic french bread and enjoy!
(Copyright 2014 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)