Monday, January 13 2014, 06:12 PM MST
Lebanese Meat Pies
As Aired on January 13, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1-2 pounds of prepared pizza dough
1 pound ground lamb (can use hamburger)
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pine nuts
juice from one lemon
zest from one lemon
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp all spice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Roll the pizza dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 4 - 5 inch round using a cookie cooker.
2. In a large bowl combine the ground meat, chopped onion, cooked rice, pine nuts, lemon zest and lemon juice, tomato paste, all spice, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
3. Place about 2 tbsp of meat mixture in the center of the cut dough rounds. Fold the dough over and pinch together to form a triangle leaving the center open.
4. Place the prepared pies onto a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with your prepared egg wash.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the dough is golden and the meat is cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and serve hot with Greek yogurt. Enjoy!