Wednesday, January 15 2014, 05:29 PM MST
As Aired on January 15, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound lean ground beef, tofu, chicken or turkey
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups cooked kidney bean (rinsed and drained)
1 head iceberg lettuce (chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5 tomatoes, chopped
1 bag corn tortilla chips (I like to use taco flavored Doritos)
French dressing (recipe below)
salt and pepper
1. Heat a large skillet on the stove and cook the hamburger. Drain excess grease from the hamburger.
2. In a small bowl add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper. Mix all together and add to the hamburger. Stir to combine. Set aside
3. In a large bowl add the chopped lettuce, kidney beans, shredded cheese, and chopped tomatoes. Toss to combine.
4. Add the hamburger to the lettuce mixture and mix to combine. Add enough french dressing to lightly coat.
5. Place a large handful of corn tortilla chips on a plate and top with lettuce mixture. Finish off with a dab of sour cream and salsa. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!