Wednesday, January 22 2014, 06:10 PM MST
Easy Family Nachos
As Aired on January 22, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 pound ground beef
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic
2 cups re-fried beans (16 ounce can)
2 cups shredded cheese ( I like to use cheddar cheese)
2 cups sliced olives
4 tomatoes, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
jalapeño, sliced (optional)
1 bag corn chips
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauté pan on the stove and cook the ground beef thoroughly. Add the cumin, garlic, and onion powders to the meat. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add the re-fried beans to the cooked hamburger and mix together. If needed, add a little chicken stock for consistency.
3. Place half of the bag of chips in a 9x13 baking dish and spread half of the meat mixture on the beans and half of the cheese, tomatoes, olives and green onions.
4. Build a second layer of chips and spread the rest of the meat mixture on top of the ships. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and place the dish in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining olives, tomatoes, and green onions.
6. Serve with and enjoy!