Monday, April 21 2014, 11:06 AM MDT
Honey Glazed Easter Ham
As Aired on Apr 18, 2014
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
1 (5-6 pound) ham
2 tbsp molasses
1 cup honey
1 stick butter
1. Score the ham and place it in a foil lined baking dish.
2. Place the ham in a 350 degree oven and roast until the internal temperature reaches 145 degree.
3. While the ham is cooking bring the molasses, honey, and butter to a boil in a sauce pan and remove it from the heat.
4. Brush the baking ham with the warm honey mixture every 15 minutes while cooking.
5. When the ham reaches 140 degrees internally, give it one last brush with the honey mixture and turn the broiler on.
6. Let the ham sit under the broiler for just a couple of minutes to caramelize the honey glaze you just brushed on.
7. (Optional) If you want to be adventures use a propane torch to finish caramelizing the last ham glazing. This step isn't necessary because the broiler will finish it off just fine if you don't have a torch. Enjoy!