Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:47 AM MDT
Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes
As aired on April 9, 2012
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ cup honey
2 cups buttermilk
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder, whisk dry ingredients together.
2. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, 4 egg yolks, and canola oil, whisk together to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to medium peaks.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour. Whisk together until smooth.
5. Gently fold the egg whites and the blueberries into the pancake batter.
6. Cook pancakes as needed. Serve with some raspberry whipped butter. Enjoy!
Raspberry whipped butter:
1 cup room temperature butter
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tbsp honey
1. Combine the butter, raspberries and honey together and whisk until combined.
2. Refrigerate until needed.
***Serve with left over ham, scrambled eggs, hash browns or an omelet for a wonderful meal anytime!***
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)