Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:47 AM MDT
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup
As aired on April 17, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
14 Roma Tomatoes sliced in half
3 heads garlic
2 bell peppers
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cups chicken stock
1 cups cream
1 cup fresh basil
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, onion, peppers, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat vegetables.
2. Place vegetables on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Vegetables may take on a dark coloring.
3. While vegetables are cooking bring chicken stock to a boil in a large stock pot. Once vegetables are cooked add to chicken stock.
4. Add cream and basil, puree with a stick mixer or in a blender.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with french bread or in a bread bowl and enjoy!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)