As aired on our 4:00p Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup milk
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 cup smashed bananas
1 tsp saltDirections:
1. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
2. Fill prepared muffin tins 3/4 way full.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Allow to cool and serve with pear butter.Pear Butter:
5 pears, peeled, core removed, cut into pieces
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmegDirections:
1. Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a bowl.
2. Reduce heat and allow to cook for a good 45 minutes to an hour.
3. While cooking stir and check on liquid levels. Do not allow to boil dry. Simple add more water if needed.
4. Color will deepen and sauce will thicken.