As aired on our 4:00p Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 large potatoes, roasted or boiled until tender
1 3/4 cups flour
1 large egg
pinch of salt
sauce of your choiceDirections:
1. Peel and smash the potatoes while they are still warm.
2. Place the flour onto a flat work surface and make a well in the center
3. Add the mashed potatoes, salt, and egg to the flour well.
4. Bring the flour in and gently work the mixture together. Knead gently for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture is smooth. If additional flour is kneaded to help dry out the mixture then add additional flour 1 tbsp at a time.
5. Divide dough into about 4 baseball size pieces.
6. Roll each piece into long ropes about 3/4 inch in diameter.
7. Cut the ropes into about 1/2 - 1 inch pieces and mark with a fork.
8. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
9. Place gnocchi pieces into the boiling water in batches. When the gnocchi float up to the top of the water they are cooked.
10. Remove gnocchi and toss with your favorite cheese, butter, or pasta sauce.
11. Serve and Enjoy!